Tuesday, October 02, 2007
FAT
Yesterday we had a few neighbor kids over to play. Ian, a 1st grader, was talking to me while taking off his shoes. "Do you know you're fat?" he asked. "I told my mom that you are fat." (glad he shares his observations) His sister standing next to him, though only four, glared at him with those all knowing eyes that said, "You should never tell a woman she is fat." So cute little Ian started to back pedal, "I mean it is your baby. . . you have have a baby in your stomach that makes you . . . ugh. . . ugh. . . " "FAT," I filled in. I love children because they call it like they see it and even though big or round might have sounded better. . . fat was very fitting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
At least you have a baby in there!! Annalise asked if she'd get a big tummy like me when she's a mom. Kids are great, aren't they (I type with tears pouring down my face ;)?
I love pregnant bellies. I'm sure yours is very cute! Kids are the best with their honesty aren't they? :)
Oh - those rascally kids. Abe always comments on how 'big' and 'bigger, bigger, bigger' i am getting. He somehow thinks I will crash through the wall at some point. You just wait a month and that boy will be amazed at the shrinkage - all from getting that babe out! :) Good luck!
Post a Comment