Yesterday my Hy was sick. It took me about 2 seconds to figure it out. The usual sparkle in his eyes was gone. And then when he fell to sleep at 10 a.m. I got my second confirmation. He had a high fever and was just really lethargic. Some mothers worry. Some mothers push the tylenol. Some mothers panic. I simply enjoy. (Don't get me wrong, I did check on him and I did offer him tylenol). It is rare that my darling little THREE year old (though he doesn't know he is three. . . we are going to celebrate his birthday May 6th when I get back from Utah because when you are three you get POTTY TRAINED!!!!). .. oh, back to my it is rare that my darling three-year-old will sit still let alone take a nap. Ahhh. i thought i could finally conquer the to-do list. but for the record it is just as long, if not longer than the day before. oh well.
side note: my little hy woke up and starting talking my ear off. can you guess? yup he's better. all better. in fact, this little boy saved up all his unused energy from the day before and unleashed it today. it is good to have my hyrum back!
our conversation today:
Hyrum: I want to watch a movie.
Me: Sorry buddy, no movies.
Hyrum: I want to watch a movie please?!?
Me: NO MOVIES Hy.
Hyrum: Mom? I think I have a fever. A fever so bad fevers. I need to watch a movie. I so fever mom!
(this one is a smart little thinker)
Me: [smile]
side note: my little hy woke up and starting talking my ear off. can you guess? yup he's better. all better. in fact, this little boy saved up all his unused energy from the day before and unleashed it today. it is good to have my hyrum back!
our conversation today:
Hyrum: I want to watch a movie.
Me: Sorry buddy, no movies.
Hyrum: I want to watch a movie please?!?
Me: NO MOVIES Hy.
Hyrum: Mom? I think I have a fever. A fever so bad fevers. I need to watch a movie. I so fever mom!
(this one is a smart little thinker)
Me: [smile]

3 comments:
He's so cute! Awww!
You really should start charging me for these questions, Stephanie...
Here's what I wanna know now. Your toilet training how-to/tips. We've been telling Sean that goodbye to diapers day would be the day after his birthday...but now I'm waiting till this weekend because I have no plan (and I'm too tired to clean up mistakes today!).
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Other wise I just might wait till he's in kindergarten:-)
It's so sad when they are sick. I am sure you are the best Mom when your kids get a little under the weather. I will always remember how you tucked Sara A. into bed the last week of AFG. Only you could have done that.
Post a Comment