When I was younger I always wanted games for Christmas. Murder She Wrote, the game, stands out as favorite.
My sister Michelle has always LOVED a good puzzle. I remember searching the shelves, for her Christmas gift and carefully selecting what I thought would be the trickiest and most exciting puzzle. The trickiest aspect was for my sister, the exciting aspect was for me. I don't have nearly the puzzle talent that she has but I'm happy to sit right along side her during a good movie add my one piece to her twenty.
I love those memories. Of course those memories are from when I was a young teenager and through college. So as a young mother I thought I would carry on the tradition only to met with frustration as little hands grab for pieces or worse, little mouths would eat pieces. So for the past 10 years we've resigned ourselves to the 24 piece variety: Toy Story, Cars, Blue's Clues, Winnie the Pooh, Dragon Tales. . .
It was time to break free. . .
This year, as our way to announce the boys BIGGEST and hopefully BEST present, we thought we'd try doing a family puzzle again. It took us a couple of movies and a couple of days to complete it, but I think everyone was thrilled. The boys then took a black light and were able to decode a secret message we had written on the puzzle invisible ink.
On May 30-June 6 we are going to Disneyland. The boys are beyond excited and I think I am even a tad bit more excited than that.
My sister Michelle has always LOVED a good puzzle. I remember searching the shelves, for her Christmas gift and carefully selecting what I thought would be the trickiest and most exciting puzzle. The trickiest aspect was for my sister, the exciting aspect was for me. I don't have nearly the puzzle talent that she has but I'm happy to sit right along side her during a good movie add my one piece to her twenty.
I love those memories. Of course those memories are from when I was a young teenager and through college. So as a young mother I thought I would carry on the tradition only to met with frustration as little hands grab for pieces or worse, little mouths would eat pieces. So for the past 10 years we've resigned ourselves to the 24 piece variety: Toy Story, Cars, Blue's Clues, Winnie the Pooh, Dragon Tales. . .
It was time to break free. . .
This year, as our way to announce the boys BIGGEST and hopefully BEST present, we thought we'd try doing a family puzzle again. It took us a couple of movies and a couple of days to complete it, but I think everyone was thrilled. The boys then took a black light and were able to decode a secret message we had written on the puzzle invisible ink.
On May 30-June 6 we are going to Disneyland. The boys are beyond excited and I think I am even a tad bit more excited than that.

No comments:
Post a Comment