Driving home from Anchorage today (we had Stake Conference) we noticed that the mountain tops were just covered in snow. WOW!! Scary to think that winter is just around the corner . . . but with this big belly my temperature gage is way off its norm. I was outside talking to a neighbor today in short sleeves and bare feet and was still hot. During our church meetings I kept dipping my hand in my water bottle and then rubbing it on my neck and forehead. I think I am running "baby" hot and sick hot too. But poor Eric came up to me this evening and asked, "Hey, when there is snow on the mountains do you think we could turn the heat on to 65?" The poor man has been freezing to death. Even now as I type, I just saw him roll over and turn on his electric blanket AND I'm contemplating taking a cold shower!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Thermostat In Overdrive
Driving home from Anchorage today (we had Stake Conference) we noticed that the mountain tops were just covered in snow. WOW!! Scary to think that winter is just around the corner . . . but with this big belly my temperature gage is way off its norm. I was outside talking to a neighbor today in short sleeves and bare feet and was still hot. During our church meetings I kept dipping my hand in my water bottle and then rubbing it on my neck and forehead. I think I am running "baby" hot and sick hot too. But poor Eric came up to me this evening and asked, "Hey, when there is snow on the mountains do you think we could turn the heat on to 65?" The poor man has been freezing to death. Even now as I type, I just saw him roll over and turn on his electric blanket AND I'm contemplating taking a cold shower!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jimmy's always the freezing one in our family. When we visit Idaho he sits by the space heater the entire time. Hopefully you're ready to hunker down for the long winter.
I'm always the cold one at our house. Dave thinks I'm insane to turn the heat on to 75 during the winter. I try to tell him it's miserable being in a cold house all day! So tell your husband I have empathy. :)
And I just have to tell you I love your blog!
Post a Comment