Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Alaska State Fair

It only took me about three seconds to remember why we rarely go to any type of County/State Fair. The answer is simple. I am cheap. I hate feeling nickle and dimed to death at every corner. Silly I know, but that is frugal me. But I am glad that we went, simply because every tourist book and guide suggests the "Famous" Alaska State Fair. And now we can happily check that off of our list: Been there. Done that. Money aside. . .It was fun to see Palmer, Alaska (a place known as "The Valley" and could easily be mistaken as an undeveloped Wasatch front with spectacular mountains). The kids enjoyed the acrobat show put on by some talented men from Kenya while we ate trail mix and bananas I had brought from home (CHEAP ME). There was also the agriculture (the lettuce and radishes were particularly amazing), the livestock (the millions of rabbits all looked the same to me), and a flower display with a maze. Go Alaska!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've never been to a state fair. Good job for taking the plunge and doing a fun activity for the fam.