Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Hyrum

Hyrum discovered that his pants had pockets.
He walked around like this all day long.
Hy loves to line things up (blocks, "bad guys", trains)
Today it happened to be cups.

Pudding. . . Yum!



Hyrum helping Eric find Christmas Presents for his brothers on Craigslist.com (our new favorite used shopping site--since shipping to AK is so expensive).




Angie and I were talking today about how much we are enjoying our little ones now that they are the only ones at home and the changes we've seen in them. I have to admit that as the school year approached I was a little nervous that Hyrum would demand more of me as an entertainer with his brothers gone. But much to my surprise, it has been the opposite. Hyrum is content to entertain himself and probably enjoys free reign over the toys. He will spend hours playing with the trainset his grandparents gave us or his brother's playmobil or just roaming the house. He will sit through several books at a time and even reads books to himself. He is a great little helper putting all the silverware in the dishwasher for me or pouring the flour into the mixer. What a blessing it is to be home with a happy Hyrum.



  • Today I was trying to tempt Hyrum into coming into the kitchen to have lunch. I asked if he wanted a sandwich and I heard him holler, "No thank you." For a second it sounded so grown up and I thought it just could have been Sam (except Sam was at school). I offered him several other things (yogurt, pudding) to which I got several, "No thank you."

  • This weekend we were having a family movie night--complete with Eric's famous popcorn. There was an obvious villain at which Hyrum would periodically yell, "Bad choices. Mama, he makes bad choices." Always good to know that your two-year-old can discern right from wrong . . . now if I could get him to clean the bathrooms!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

He looks so big and grown up! I bet he is absolutely loving the alone time with Momma. Madison is the same way. I thought she would bother me more, but I am loving the time with her. She has become her own person.

Gotta love being a mom.

Heather said...

That Hyrum is so great! Abe loves to line things up too. And what great thoughts he has to mention good/bad choices of others. You are so awesome at teaching your kids the gospel. He'll no longer be your baby soon. Time to grow up Mr. Hyrum. Sounds like he'll be a good big brother.

Heather said...

Oh - we've been doing Craig's List too. Way to be resourceful when it comes to shipping rates.

Mary said...

Oh, he's too great Stephanie!! Can he come be friends with Kyle? They could line up cars together. Very cute kiddo.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Gotta love craiglist. We bought a almost brand new washer and dryer off there for 400 dollars.

Hyrum lining up stuff. . . makes me laugh. I have pictures my mom took of me doing the same thing with my dolls.