Friday, September 28, 2007

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!






Before loading up in the car to head to the racing grounds I gave the kids a pre-race pep talk. Sam was worried if he fell or didn't win. I explained that this race was "just for fun." For racing the kids got a free Subway Sandwich and each runner received a medal. I overhead Christian say, "I've been dreaming about getting a medal."


Well, dreams do come true.


Christian and Tanner did such a great job racing. 2nd grade was combined with the 3rd grade, so I was completely surprised to see Christian amongst the first 15 runners. WOW!! Tanner wasn't too far behind. Their faces were flushed but they both were glowing and proud to have finished the race!!

2 comments:

Mary O said...

Yea for all the Bacon boys. They are all winners and have a special place in Grandma's and Grandpa's heart.

Mary said...

What a fun day! I love that getting a medal was a dream come true for them. If only all our dreams were so easily achieved! Great job Bacon kiddos!!