Yesterday I made Burritos and decided to go and have lunch with Sam at school. Hy and I found him sitting at a table surrounded by girls (he was the ONLY boy at the table). It was fun to see his face light up when he saw us and he quickly said goodbye to the lady friends and found a new seat by me and Hyrum. I don't know what I expect at moments like this. . . perhaps music playing in the background or conversation other than "do I really have to eat this?". . . but it was good. I got to meet a couple of Sam's new friends and was impressed that they have five minutes of silent eating so that the kids, the majority of who until that time having been talking and talking and talking, realize that they are actually there to EAT! Last night when I was tucking Sam into bed and talking with him he said, "Thanks for coming to my school mom and eating lunch with me. That was the favorite part of my day. Do you think you could come again?" For something that is so simple, yet obviously meant something to my little boy, I responded, "You Bet!"
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Sitting with Sam
Yesterday I made Burritos and decided to go and have lunch with Sam at school. Hy and I found him sitting at a table surrounded by girls (he was the ONLY boy at the table). It was fun to see his face light up when he saw us and he quickly said goodbye to the lady friends and found a new seat by me and Hyrum. I don't know what I expect at moments like this. . . perhaps music playing in the background or conversation other than "do I really have to eat this?". . . but it was good. I got to meet a couple of Sam's new friends and was impressed that they have five minutes of silent eating so that the kids, the majority of who until that time having been talking and talking and talking, realize that they are actually there to EAT! Last night when I was tucking Sam into bed and talking with him he said, "Thanks for coming to my school mom and eating lunch with me. That was the favorite part of my day. Do you think you could come again?" For something that is so simple, yet obviously meant something to my little boy, I responded, "You Bet!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh cute. I love when I realize my kids really cared about something simple I did for them. That's a cute memory to record.
Tender
How sweet. That brought a tear to my eye.
That is so sweet. The small things really matter the most don't they? Great job making him feel important. I'm setting a goal to do better at that with my kids. Thanks!
Post a Comment