Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Five Favorite Things

1. Game of the Week: Blokus. Brilliant Game. Challenge for me and my kids at the same time. I don't get it but even when I use all my expert strategy, they seem to pull off some amazing upsets.
2. Treat of the Week: Bagels. My boys love bagels.
3. Adventure of the Week: The Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. What is it about animals going to the bathroom that can make any trip to see animals a complete success for little boys? The boys saw two black bear cubs up close. One of the cubs kept walking over in front of the boys (they were separated by a electric fence) and sitting down. He seemed content to chomp on grass and stare at the them. . . I wonder who was the more fascinating spectacle?
While there the boys saw Black Bears Wrestling, Brown Bears Bathing, Moose, Cariboo, Deer, Muscox, Bison, Bald Eagle.
4. Surprise of the Week: A hanging flower basket by my door. I have my suspicions. Alaska has to be the hanging flower basket capital of the United States. They are every where and now even I have one of my very own.
5. Best Book of the Week: Peter and the Starcatchers. My favorite part of our summer has been reading to the boys. This week we read through an entire 450 page book. We all loved it. (disclaimer: i'm all about censorship when i read outloud)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I absolutely love Peter and the Starcatchers. You must read the next two books too - Peter and the Shadow Thieves and Peter and the Secret of the Rundoon. Good reads. I tried to read it to Hadley last summer - she had no interest. We have to stick with Fairy books here.

The boys are super grown up. Hyrum amazes me he is so big! Glad all is well