Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to Hy


Hyrum is THREE! Okay, so he's been three for over a month, but isn't the joy of being little not knowing how to scrub the toilet, put on a spare tire, pay a bill, or tell time?

So unbeknownst to our little Hy we did a little time warping of our own and did the official celebratory thing on Sunday. I think subconsciously he's known all along that he's been three since April and has been proudly flicking up that third finger along with the other two when people ask him how old he is.

I asked Hyrum for three friends he wanted to invite to his party. I thought he'd pick a few friends from Playgroup, but immediately shouted, "Cochran (a.k.a. Jodi), Jerry, & Pula (the Cochran's Dog)." It makes it super easy when his wish list all live at the same address. So Hyrum celebrated his 3rd Birthday, @ 3 o'clock, with his 3 best friends.

My birthday gift to him? The chunky Indiana Jones Figurines. His birthday gift to me? Potty Training. Mine cost me 20 dollars. His is priceless.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I like the placement of the figurines on the cake. Happy 3rd to Hyrum!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I miss that Boston Cream Birthday Cake!!