All great American Hikers wear what? Crocs of course. Our family is no exception, and we proudly support and wear our crocs everywhere. The benefits are numerous. . . no stinky feet, quick dry, even quicker to put on and take off, high fashionable colors, and the knock-offs are only $5 at Wal-Mart. How can you go wrong?

Well, the cute little boy in the picture above was wearing his ever-so-savvy green/lime knock-offs while wading through the Lake. At one point he excitedly jumps from the weeds on the bank into the water. When Zlurp! Poor Tanner comes up with just one shoe. That sounds rather calm. . . but it really was a jump, pounce, run, run, run, then an exclamation, "I only have one shoe!"
We waited for the mud to settle and began our search. We retraced his many footsteps. I finally rolled up my own pants and with my crocs, hesitantly stepped into the cold, cold water to aid in the search and rescue. When toes and feet and legs were numbing and fingers were too cold to grasp, I finally declared that Tanner had two minutes, and if the shoe wasn't found then the famous family saying, "Oh Well" would be put into full force. I asked Tanner if he had thought about saying a prayer. His sweet reply, "Yes, mom, I said one in my heart!"
Well, the two minutes came. The two minutes went. We started gathering and I started to psych Tanner into making the hike back with just one shoe. On his way toward me he reached down and Wallah! pulled out from the zlurp-ish mud his lost croc. (To some this may seem like a simple story of lost of found, but as the mother who almost froze to death digging & feeling through every inch of the mud, it is our own little miracle.) I am always amazed at the faith of little children. They completely trust in God. They believe in miracles. They are examples to ME of righteous reliance and hope.
Well, the cute little boy in the picture above was wearing his ever-so-savvy green/lime knock-offs while wading through the Lake. At one point he excitedly jumps from the weeds on the bank into the water. When Zlurp! Poor Tanner comes up with just one shoe. That sounds rather calm. . . but it really was a jump, pounce, run, run, run, then an exclamation, "I only have one shoe!"
We waited for the mud to settle and began our search. We retraced his many footsteps. I finally rolled up my own pants and with my crocs, hesitantly stepped into the cold, cold water to aid in the search and rescue. When toes and feet and legs were numbing and fingers were too cold to grasp, I finally declared that Tanner had two minutes, and if the shoe wasn't found then the famous family saying, "Oh Well" would be put into full force. I asked Tanner if he had thought about saying a prayer. His sweet reply, "Yes, mom, I said one in my heart!"
Well, the two minutes came. The two minutes went. We started gathering and I started to psych Tanner into making the hike back with just one shoe. On his way toward me he reached down and Wallah! pulled out from the zlurp-ish mud his lost croc. (To some this may seem like a simple story of lost of found, but as the mother who almost froze to death digging & feeling through every inch of the mud, it is our own little miracle.) I am always amazed at the faith of little children. They completely trust in God. They believe in miracles. They are examples to ME of righteous reliance and hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment