Thursday, January 17, 2008

Templates


My friend Heather (bless you!) just introduced to me digital scrapbook templates. So I decided to bite the bullet and try to figure out Photoshop Elements 5 which I've had on my computer for over a year. I have to admit in many ways it was easier than I anticipated but I still had several moments where I wanted to spit fire and crawl back to my ever-so-simple program. Sometimes at the end of the day, after all my patience is spent, the last thing I want to do is dig down and find more of it for a silly computer. Nurturing and loving little people is one thing, but a computer? Come on, At least a computer won't grow up, and despite all of my years of loving, patience, and long-suffering find reason to remind me of my less-than picturesque parenting performances.

6 comments:

Deirdre said...

Love templates--I use a few from Heather Ann Meltzer, which are great for end-of-year, lots of photos on one page, layouts (see heatheranndesigns.com).

I'm jealous, I have old PE 2 and pant after version 5...or even 3! Everything I know I learned at http://spraguelab.squarespace.com
Jessica Sprague's site. Check out her archives if you haven't been there.

katie and co. said...

Way to go with the digital scrapbooking! That is a 2008 goal for me. Thanks for inspiring me! I love the picture of your boy. SO cute.

Alison said...

Great Job Steph! I'm very impressed. I've got to start digital scrapbooking. I love to see pages other people have done - your page looks GREAT and what a cute tell-all picture of your cute boy! Don't we all feel that way more often than we'd like to!

Heather said...

Hey - that's darling! I like that template. And it's so cute to see how much Warner looks like Hyrum (at least in some of the pictures). I love Warner's smile in the photos below. Once you catch onto all the tricks of photoshop, you'll be delighted and it won't try your patience as much. What a good way to spend the winter - learning a new trade!

Rachel Clare said...

I love Photoshop. I use CS3 for all of my digital darkroom work. And, I've never sworn in my LIFE like I have at my computer. I sound like a sailor. Yep- me and Photoshop- we have a love/hate relationship.

chelle said...

You are the Freak'in Genius to have 12 kids (or something like that) and still have time to do all you do. Just want to say hi and let you know I stop by and read your blog. Think of you all the time. Mechelle