Saturday was Sam's last basketball game of the 2007 Season. He ended with a big bang scoring the most points and having a couple of great rebounds and assists. He enjoyed it far more than I thought he would and looked forward to his games every Saturday. I was really proud of him for being a great little team player. Hooray for Sam!
Confession: Since this is the season of grinches, I guess it is perfect timing. All of the parents on Sam's team bought trophies for their kids. 10 dollar trophies. All of the parents EXCEPT us. Is that mean? I just figured he'd love it for about 2 hours and then it would be begging to be forgotten and eventually thrown away. So I just saved myself the trip to the garbage can. And like my friend Jessica in Flagstaff said, a trophy is something to be earned not handed out. So when Sam has self esteem issues in 10 years we'll all know who to blame. Me.

Sam and his Biggest Fans!
Confession: Since this is the season of grinches, I guess it is perfect timing. All of the parents on Sam's team bought trophies for their kids. 10 dollar trophies. All of the parents EXCEPT us. Is that mean? I just figured he'd love it for about 2 hours and then it would be begging to be forgotten and eventually thrown away. So I just saved myself the trip to the garbage can. And like my friend Jessica in Flagstaff said, a trophy is something to be earned not handed out. So when Sam has self esteem issues in 10 years we'll all know who to blame. Me.

Sam and his Biggest Fans!




No comments:
Post a Comment