Thursday, December 27, 2007
Any Ideas?
About a week ago I decided that it was time for Hyrum to rid himself of his thumb sucking habit (he's had a runny nose almost all Fall and I can't help but think that when you are two you touch everything and that putting it all into your mouth doesn't help much to aid the cause of healthly living). So in the past week we've juggled an assortment of thumb sucking deterrents. I've sown socks onto shirts, I've pinned little gloves onto shirts, and the most resent and simplest trend is to just fold and pin the sleeve shut. The first four hours were really rough. There was a lot of crying and tears for the thumb. And then wallah. . . I think he finally realized that we were serious. Since then we hear an occasional (like twice a day) plea for the LEFT thumb, but not much more than that. Hopefully in two weeks this thumb sucking adventure will be behind us.
Well that was wishful thinking. . . A few mornings back I went in to the get the baby (he'd been asleep for almost 12 hours) and what did I find? Little Warner was just as content as could be in his bassinet SUCKING HIS THUMB.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hi Stephanie,
Hope you remember me...I'm Angie's friend in Utah. I thought I'd say hi so I won't feel like such a snooper on your web site.
Angie shared a link with me a few months back, and I enjoy the inspiration you offer and all the photos. My favorite post was the one about those prize winning moments as worst mother of the year. So true!
And my five year old son loved looking at all the nativity scenes you posted!
Thanks, DK
I'll have to remember these tactics! Rowan is a habitual thumb-sucker, but I suppose I'll give her a little more time....
Post a Comment