Monday, August 13, 2007

Brother Bacon



Here's Eric at his Seminary Building here in town. It is such a fun building with just one classroom, a teacher office, and a secretary office. They pull out the 'ole extension chord in the winter so they can plug their cars in while parked in the parking lot. But so far it looks to be a perfect fit! Eric cannot wait until it is filled with students (10 days) starting at 7:20 until 2 p.m. Wahoo!

Eric just got back from being a session director at the EFY in Rexburg, Idaho. He loved every minute of it!!! One evening (for the record he called EVERY evening), he called and asked what I thought about him dressing up as a nerd to go to one of the dances. I thought it was a crazy idea but just up Eric's alley. He asked if I were there would I go to the dance with him dressed up like that? I said, "Sure I'd go to the dance. . . but maybe not with you."

Eric had a great time getting to know so many kids and were impressed by their strong desires to choose good, act good, live good, and be good.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Heather said...

It's good to see Eric! Great photo with the seminary. I hope he loves teaching there. I love that they plug their cars in. Stock up on hot chocolate!!

Greg said...

EFY was a blast. Eric was a great session director. The kids and the counselors appreciated him a lot.

--- Counselor Gregory

Alison said...

Hi Stephanie, This is Heather's friend, Alison. I was happy to see your blog on Heather's blog. It's fun to see you and your cute boys. They sure are growing up! I'm glad you're liking Alaska. My sister lives in Juneau and I really want to come visit. Alaska looks beautiful in your pictures! And I love your boys buzzed heads! Good to read about you! Take care!

Tiffany said...

Congrats Eric!!! Look at that green grass. We are happy for you and your new job and home.

Good ole Rexburg, ID, I grew up in IF. Man I miss it.