I love my babies. Period. The End.
I get asked a lot, "What is your favorite stage?" Babies. It has always been babies.
But I've sensed a shift recently. A lot of my friends are having babies. I am SO happy for them, but when I think about me and a baby I feel woozy. Obviously it isn't the right time. The past few months I really felt the need to get my bearings and not only focus on helping my boys grow up but to do a little growing up of my own.
And in all that growing and thinking I've discovered that I really, really, REALLY LOVE five and six-year-olds. There is something magic about being five. Hyrum is SO EXCITED about life. He is discovering and questioning. He is trying new things and pushing himself. Yesterday I asked if he wanted to learn how to play the piano and his face just lit up. His first lesson was this morning and he is did SO WELL. Hyrum believes. . . in everything. In family, in love, in Santa and the Tooth Fairy and Leprechauns. Today as we walked hand in hand to school we had a whole conversation about Leprechauns and how sneaky those little guys can be. Legoes still come alive and fight and conquer bad guys. When Hy grows up he wants to be a garbage man or a seminary teacher. . . or maybe a dragon fighter. At six a box of legoes is the greatest gift in the world. At six three friends at a party is perfect. At six Popsicles and cupcakes hit the spot. Somedays I wish six would last a whole lot longer than 365 days. . . because I really, really love six-year-olds.

Corbin, Hyrum, Shyan, and Ajay
I get asked a lot, "What is your favorite stage?" Babies. It has always been babies.
But I've sensed a shift recently. A lot of my friends are having babies. I am SO happy for them, but when I think about me and a baby I feel woozy. Obviously it isn't the right time. The past few months I really felt the need to get my bearings and not only focus on helping my boys grow up but to do a little growing up of my own.
And in all that growing and thinking I've discovered that I really, really, REALLY LOVE five and six-year-olds. There is something magic about being five. Hyrum is SO EXCITED about life. He is discovering and questioning. He is trying new things and pushing himself. Yesterday I asked if he wanted to learn how to play the piano and his face just lit up. His first lesson was this morning and he is did SO WELL. Hyrum believes. . . in everything. In family, in love, in Santa and the Tooth Fairy and Leprechauns. Today as we walked hand in hand to school we had a whole conversation about Leprechauns and how sneaky those little guys can be. Legoes still come alive and fight and conquer bad guys. When Hy grows up he wants to be a garbage man or a seminary teacher. . . or maybe a dragon fighter. At six a box of legoes is the greatest gift in the world. At six three friends at a party is perfect. At six Popsicles and cupcakes hit the spot. Somedays I wish six would last a whole lot longer than 365 days. . . because I really, really love six-year-olds.
Corbin, Hyrum, Shyan, and Ajay

1 comment:
Just checking in to get my dose of Stephanie-Inspiration, and so related to this post. I love babies, & always will, but also love the mom I am when I've had 6+ hrs of sleep. Sean is newly six, and it really is an awesome age. He's so excited & enthusiastic about EVERYTHING! Thanks for helping me appreciate it with this post!
Post a Comment