Eric-Mastering GF Cooking. Wednesdays, while I volunteer at the school, he stays home with the little ones an makes bread, tortillas, pizza, breadsticks, and cookies. His patience has paid off and his food is delicious. I am so glad that he's taken the initiative to learn how to make so many essentials.
Mudge-Still anemic & smart enough to recognize his iron supplement no matter how hard I try to hide it. . . but really, how much can you hide liquid nails?? One of the biggest challenges is that he has to take it in something acidic and the other boys are suffering from severe juice envy.
Me-Went in for a Lasik Exam, only to be told that my corneas are too thin and I'm probably suffering from Keratoconus. [(Ker-a-to-co-nus)Keratoconus, often abbreviated to "KC", is a non-inflammatory eye condition in which the normally round dome-shaped cornea progressively thins causing a cone-like bulge to develop. This results in significant visual impairment.] No Cure. Surgery not an option. Glasses not an option. Soft contacts not an option. What does that leave? Special Fitting Gas permeable contacts. Ugh. I grew up in a house of Gas permeables. . . expensive little things that quickly turned into your worst nightmare in a wind storm. (Luckily we don't really have wind in Alaska.) I cried. Just sad for myself, and mostly shocked. Eric was speechless. That is probably the fourth time he's seen me cry--EVER. A minute later I was done feeling sorry for myself. .. . I've got friends with cancer and friends who can't have kids and friends who husbands love pornography more than them . . . seems silly to be sad about bad eyes. Someday I hope to pop my contact out, slobber all over it, and pop it back in with as finesse as my Mom!! Here's to gas permeables



No comments:
Post a Comment