Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Green

I love Green.  It is my favorite color to wear.  Not the deep somber greens, but the light and playful shades.  Green is the best. .. except for when it is paired with that ugly envy word.  Unfortunately I've been green inside and out lately.  I've been consumed by the envy monster, which I'm convinced is the nastiest shade of green out there.   Sure I've wanted things before. . . but never like this.  And the hardest part, I'm reminded of it EVERYDAY!!!  Sometimes four or five times a day.  I sit in my living room and STARE at it.  I dream about it.  I say I don't have time for hobbies, but this envying thing has squeezed itself into a full-time hobby.  

What is so tempting?  So consuming.  Four walls, a door, a garage, some carpet, and a heater.  Just a house.  A little silly man made house.  

Our next door neighbors are selling my. . . oh, i mean their house.  Funny things is. . . it is a cheaper, smaller, older house.  And yet, I want it. . . real bad.  And even though my brain tells me it isn't going to happen. . . my heart just yearns.  This is the very same house we wanted four years ago.  The same house that went under contract the very day we got up here for our house hunting the trip.  The same house with a BASEMENT family room, a game room, 600 Sq ft. of walk-in storage.   I'd even give up my kitchen for this house. . . and that is saying A LOT because I LOVE my kitchen.  

Funny how one moment you are perfectly content and the next moment you're green.  

No comments: