Monday, January 18, 2010
Ornaments
Our first winter here I was able to convince Eric to string up Christmas Lights on our home. It was spectacular. Well, some would call it lazy, but we called it thinking ahead and decided to leave the lights strung up. That following December when we plugged the lights in we were surprised to discover the damage caused by living in the land of the Midnight Sun. Our once white and blue patterned lights were now sun faded and mostly white with an occasional faded blue. The rainy summer also reeked havoc and almost one out of three lights were out. So this year we took down the lights and replaced all of the discolored bulbs. I purposefully tucked the old bulbs away, knowing full well that I wanted to turn them into Christmas ornaments. On a random afternoon in December, Hyrum and I made these ornaments for neighbors and friends. It was the perfect project for Hyrum. I dipped them in glue and he rolled them around in the glitter. After they were dry and took them outside and doused them in spray glue.
Next year we are going to try GREEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment