I grew up hearing, "If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times ____________."
You could fill that blank in with any of the of the following options: a. don't lean back on the dining room chairs, b. no food in the living room, c. it takes two to fight, d. use the back door, e. wipe your feet really good before coming in, f. the kitchen isn't clean until the sink is scoured, etc.
We only have a few rules around here: 1. I am in charge. 2. No balls in the house.
The first rules doesn't lend itself to much leeway. I am in charge. Period.
The second however seems to perplex almost every little mind in the family. It seems no matter how many times I say it, and no matter what emphasis I put on the words (or the threats that come after those), that balls seem to sneak their way into our house. The usual casualties are the Willow Tree figurines, which at one point have all been decapitated. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times--NO BALLS IN THE HOUSE."
Below: Sam caught red (or would it be blue) handed. It is moments like this that I wonder who is truly in charge.
You could fill that blank in with any of the of the following options: a. don't lean back on the dining room chairs, b. no food in the living room, c. it takes two to fight, d. use the back door, e. wipe your feet really good before coming in, f. the kitchen isn't clean until the sink is scoured, etc.
We only have a few rules around here: 1. I am in charge. 2. No balls in the house.
The first rules doesn't lend itself to much leeway. I am in charge. Period.
The second however seems to perplex almost every little mind in the family. It seems no matter how many times I say it, and no matter what emphasis I put on the words (or the threats that come after those), that balls seem to sneak their way into our house. The usual casualties are the Willow Tree figurines, which at one point have all been decapitated. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times--NO BALLS IN THE HOUSE."
Below: Sam caught red (or would it be blue) handed. It is moments like this that I wonder who is truly in charge.

No comments:
Post a Comment