I think "Spring Break" here is a misnomer. Perhaps it should be "Halfway There" or "Strap On Your Parka" . . . but let's be honest, there is nothing "Spring-y" here. I keep seeing pictures on friends blogs of flowering poking through the dirt and of yards free of snow. Well folks, I'm probably a good two months away from seeing my lawn and perhaps three from my first flower.
But a week without school sure lends itself to some celebrating. We've been staying up late, sleeping in, watching movies, sledding, swimming, ice skating, snow football playing, bb gun shooting, oh and badminton playing (we strung the net across our living room and have been having family the tournaments. . . you know, the ones where the winners get ice cream and the loser, well, they get ice cream too.) On Sunday the boys found these cowboy dress-ups in the Toy Closet. . . aren't they cute cowboys?
But a week without school sure lends itself to some celebrating. We've been staying up late, sleeping in, watching movies, sledding, swimming, ice skating, snow football playing, bb gun shooting, oh and badminton playing (we strung the net across our living room and have been having family the tournaments. . . you know, the ones where the winners get ice cream and the loser, well, they get ice cream too.) On Sunday the boys found these cowboy dress-ups in the Toy Closet. . . aren't they cute cowboys?
This has been our first stay-at-home Spring Break and probably our last. I miss the "Break" for me . . . I need to go somewhere far away from the laundry and the kitchen and the "office". Next year, if we can save our pennies, I hope to be rounding up these cowboys and on a plane to somewhere warm. Until then, I'm thanking my lucky stars for spectacular Alaskan scenery and PBSkids.

1 comment:
I love the "opposite" picture with Hy and Warner.
Post a Comment