Here are the boys at their Pinewood Derby. I'm the first to admit that the Bacon Boys Derby cars are never in contention for the "Best of Show," but I'm always impressed that they are 100% their own creations.
Christians only goal this year was to beat Tanner. It was neck and neck, but Christian did come home with the 1st place trophy for his den. He was beyond thrilled. Even thoughTanner didn't come home with a trophy, his actions were equally award winning. At one point during the evening they had to have a race-off. Tanner began chanting the name of Christian's car "Lightning. Lightning. Lightning." Soon the entire gymnasium of cubscouts joined in. I was proud to see him put his own competitiveness aside and cheer for his brother.

Tanner with "Mustang"
Christians only goal this year was to beat Tanner. It was neck and neck, but Christian did come home with the 1st place trophy for his den. He was beyond thrilled. Even thoughTanner didn't come home with a trophy, his actions were equally award winning. At one point during the evening they had to have a race-off. Tanner began chanting the name of Christian's car "Lightning. Lightning. Lightning." Soon the entire gymnasium of cubscouts joined in. I was proud to see him put his own competitiveness aside and cheer for his brother.
Tanner with "Mustang"

No comments:
Post a Comment