The boys elementary school, in conjunction with the Eagle River Nature center, offered a Halloween hike today. I had so much fun hiking today with the kids. It was chilly outside and the boys and I were layered, but it was an absolutely gorgeous day.
Hy did a great job tromping around with all the big kids.
Hy did a great job tromping around with all the big kids.
Here are the beautiful ice formations on the river. Can you believe that I saw Salmon in the river. Amazing. Hibernation doesn't begin until the food supply is all gone. . . so we were still on bear alert.

At the Education Yurt there were all sorts of fun games for the kids, oddles of treats, and hot chocolate. I really appreciated and enjoyed a reason to get out and explore together. Last week was a really rough for me personally, I am realizing more and more the comfort I find in these five little boys of mine, who are allowing me to grow up with them. I cannot say enough good things about them. To spend a great day with them, a really, really great day with them refuels me for the haul of life ahead.
At the Education Yurt there were all sorts of fun games for the kids, oddles of treats, and hot chocolate. I really appreciated and enjoyed a reason to get out and explore together. Last week was a really rough for me personally, I am realizing more and more the comfort I find in these five little boys of mine, who are allowing me to grow up with them. I cannot say enough good things about them. To spend a great day with them, a really, really great day with them refuels me for the haul of life ahead.

No comments:
Post a Comment