Hands down this is my boys favorite week of the summer. They love the BB guns, the archery, the dodgeball, the hikes, the kickball, the capture the flag, the canoeing, the bird house making, the whittling, the sugar shack, and all the silly cheers and skits. Christian and Tanner were sad that this was their last year while Sam was super excited that he has at least two more summers to be a cub scout day camper. Here in Alaska day camp is FOUR days from 9 to 5. Seeing some of the haggard over-night parents/chaperones, I am grateful for church policy that discourages the boys from campouts. This was the first year that I was a daytime Chaperone. I loved being with my boys and seeing first hand all the fun that they were having.

2 comments:
Cub scout camp is 5 days here. Doug is Cubmaster. We did ours a couple of months ago...the boys loved it and the leaders (and spouses of leaders) were exhausted by the end of it. I hear ya!
Steph, YOU are the best mom! Thank you so much for your kind comment, you are seriously one of the kindest people I know! I think YOU are such a great example of motherhood, I wish I was more like you! I don't know how you keep up with all those boys and have energy to do all the amazingly fun things you do every day. Maybe we can get some of our kids together, maybe an arranged marriage or two? :) I'm so serious! Thanks for your friendship and wonderful example. Loves!
Post a Comment