These two pictures capture the essence of Childhood. Imagination. Pure, Believing, Fun-loving.

Hy. For Christmas we gave him the movie Peter Pan, can you tell? When he found out yesterday that my mom had made Peter Pan costumes for C&T the begging began. He's been flying around Neverland ever since.
Hy. For Christmas we gave him the movie Peter Pan, can you tell? When he found out yesterday that my mom had made Peter Pan costumes for C&T the begging began. He's been flying around Neverland ever since.
Last night after doing a full days worth of dishes by hand (yes, our dishwasher officially called it quits) I went to tuck in the barstools and found that they had disappeared. Sam and Hy were in the living room playing Star Wars. The barstools had magically become x-wing fighters and my two little jedis were on a quest to find (and let's be honest. .. probably torture) Count Dooku.
Sometimes I miss those days when all it took was a couple of hair ribbons to become a princess, or stack of blankets and a broom to create the best hideout ever. As much as I try, the laundry never turns into anything exotic or exciting or entertaining. I must be old and boring because to me, it is just laundry. Do they even have laundry in Neverland or on Tatooine? I doubt it. Somehow it must magically get done or they have slaves. . . both options are definitely worth considering. Or maybe I could imagine myself up a maid (which is probably why I'm already six loads behind. . .)
Enough of my housekeeping woes. . .
I'm just grateful I have little boys who inspire ME with their fantastic imaginations.

6 comments:
i love it steph! At first I thought you and Eric had built them those awesome plane things. How creative of them to use the stools. That is the epitome of childhood. I'm grateful for little imaginations. I loved all your other pictures from the holidays!!! Have a happy day!
Hey Bacons! We found you through Bailey Russell's blog. Your boys are so big...time flies. Hope things are well with you!
Lindsay (McGuire)
Oh I love it! Not only the creativity but the fact that you are behind in laundry, it makes me feel better! My poor kids don't go to their drawers, but to the laundry room to dig in baskets of clean clothes. Aghh! Our boys have such similar taste, we did the Kings castle building thing after christmas too and several other lego projects! The popcorn machine looks awesome! Wish we could visit!
I love these pictures! Your boys are changing so fast.
hello! anybody there! it's time for your monthly update. ;) i hope you're doing well. i'm going crazy today. i think i won the grouchiest mother award. grrrrr... hope you are doing better than that.
(you guys should come down to sunny CA and visit! disney is EMPTY right now!!)
Post a Comment