Monday, November 17, 2008

Joby

Tanner was in his "special spot" writing away tonight. At the end of writing time I went in to hear another one of Tanner's tales. Disney himself would have been proud . . . it was a story that began Once Upon a Time and then immediately lets the reader know that the main characters parents were DEAD. Yup DEAD, even the brothers and sisters. Nothing like a bleeding heart to endear you to a story. A paragraph later Tanner is describing the Aunt with whom the main character is now living, "she was mean and joby."

"Joby?" I ask. This is 3rd grade writing and I've already witnessed several examples of the written word empowered by baconbit phonetics. For example tonight I came across the word "janj" (for change).

"Yeah," Tanner answered, "Joby. Someone who is always giving him jobs."

So tonight along with all my other titles, I have added another: Joby. Because, really, who do you think is the kids inspiration for the Mean and Joby Aunt?

2 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

You just made me laugh so hard! Joby, that's so funny! By the way we received your wonderful fall letter!

OlsenUpdate said...

Classic!!!