Monday, July 07, 2008

5 kids

On my flight back to Alaska I sat by this wonderful couple. After talking to the woman for a while she told me she had two kids. The oldest was 17. She asked me how old I thought she was. Awkward. She is 47. Then she asked how many kids I had. I said five boys. "Really? I wouldn't have guessed you're over thirty." I just smiled.

For the record I am 30. No need to point out the freakishness of my idea that starting a family when I was young, like my mother, and my grandmother, and my great grand mother, is less than modern.

I don't think having 5 kids is hard. I think having 5 kids and getting a decent family picture is the bigger challenge:




Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

chelle said...

The boys are getting so big. Are you watering them? m

The Crabtree Chronicles said...

I hear ya, family pictures are ridiculous....well a GOOD family picture is. Someday maybe we can achieve one too. I'm putting it off at least until Christmas though. Looks like you have had a lot of fun lately. Good to "see" you guys again!

Heather said...

oh - but at least those pictures record life as it is... wiggly boys and all. y'all look so cute.

Alison said...

Those are still GREAT pictures! It is definitely a challenge getting everyone to look at the camera, but you got some great shots anyway! You are one good-looking family!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Steph, you seriously put a smile on my face!

Carrie said...

This is Carrie Owen Kirk from AFG. I found our blog off of Katie's and I had to write. I haven't seen you sense the summer we worked together some ten years ago, but I love the update. I guess the Lord had a different mission in mind for you after all. FIVE BOYS!! Wow! I love it. You can check out my blog at kirkfamilyadventures.blogspot.com.