Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'd like to be a Donkey


I'm a registered Republician more out of tradition than anything else. My parents are Republicians, my grandparents were Repbulicians . . . so somewhere along the lines I thought, "Hey, I'll be a Repbulician too." And in the past it has suited me just fine (though my loyalties are tied more to my heart than to a political party)

But TODAY I wish I was a registered democrat because I would sure like to lend my vote towards the Obama/Clinton showdown. I like to be where the action is. Political campaigns in my opinion are usually a heated contest between Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb . . . both of whom have made their political climb up the sketchy political ladders filled with promises and jargin and fake smiles. This year, once again in my opinion, is not much different. . . but I do have an opinion of whom I'd like lying and smiling at me (most of the candidates can easily do both of those things at the SAME TIME).
It will be fun to see the outcome!

Alaskan tidbit. We are a big state, small population, and very far away. So what does that mean for us? No one bothers to pay for airtime up here. . . we have no presidential political commercials, no phone calls, no visits, nothing. Ahhh. One of the perks to being an Alaskan.

2 comments:

Greg said...

So, the question is: Which democrat would you vote for?

Rachel Clare said...

Man, maybe I'll move to Alaska!

On the Democrat thing- my rebel side is coming out and I want to be a Democrat simply because it's not the "norm" for a good Mormon girl. Or something. And, my whole family is Republican including a Senator grandfather and an Uncle who is the minority leader in the House right now. Yep. I want to be a democrat too. (I'm registered independent- keeps me neutral.)